Re: [IP] To be or not to be

 From:	email @ redacted (Randall Winchester)
 To:	email @ redacted (Aaron Michelson), email @ redacted
>>Randall......you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom and your "way with
words".  What a well thought out statement!  I hope I get to meet you some
day. You are such an asset to this group and we are fortunate to have you
Barbara B.
  Either way you decide the  majority of the people here will be standing with
you to encourage you.   Just  be careful when you ask questions so they don't
look like rhetorical questions  or statements phrased in negative terms...
 There are a few key things to remember about the collective (the group of
 insulin pump users that have banded together for all kinds of reasons) -
 1.  The sum of the wisdom available here is more than any single person can
 2.  At times the wisdom of a single individual from the collective will
 surpase the wisdom of the collective.
 3. Don't take us too seriously - but remember that with such a serious
 matter sometimes humor is used to make things somewhat berable.
 4. Don't take yourself to seriously.  Since we are so serious about
 controlling our lives using available technology we have this tendency to
 become "super-serious" and miss some of the fun stuff.  We each must fight
 in ourselves and point it out in others...
 5. Remember to bolus appropriately for donuts and peppermint candy.
 6. All questions and comments are fair game on the list.
 7. Everyone on the list is a valuable contributor, be they lurker or soapbox
 Even when we have strong disagreements, we generally don't have disagreeable
 people.  This group is almost unique in this behavior - where else can you
 people with the variety of backgrounds working together with so many
 approaches towards a common goal.  This goal is to maintain our health by
 attempting to keep our bg under the best control possible with the existing
 technology...  and everyone who shares this goal and has decided on using a
 pump, wants to work with people who use a pump or who is trying to make up
 their mind about a pump is welcome to jump into the fray.