Re: [IP] New to Pump

Hi David --

> I just joined the list yesterday and it is sure interesting reading all this
> info that is being circulated about insulin pump use.
> I don't know if they talked about this at the Joslin Diabetes Center where
> you live there in Boston, but is being a brittle diabetic effect the use of
> how well the insulin pump works? If anyone else has any further info on this
> it would be very interesting.

"Brittlediabetic" is a term that's not much used anymore.  It refers to
someone who can't seem to control their BGs very well ... like most
DM sufferers.  8-(  Wheb I got my pump, my  BGs became *very*
stable, and much lower than they were BP ( "before pump" ).  I used
to range between 250-350; now I  range < 100.  My pump  trainer
set my basals based on the MDI scheme my intenist had developed
over 6-8 months.  That constant infusion of insulin *all* the time
seems to help me more than anything.  <g>

Hope this helps...

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1,  dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted