Re: [IP] prime not counted

> How does the pump know that it is a prime bolus and not count it or if
> it is a regular bolus?

My MiniMed 507c programming card, says under TO SET A NORMAL
BOLUS, Press  SEL 1 time, press ACT.  Use <up arrow> <down arrow>
to set amount [ amounts are given in 0.1 u ... and I use [H]umalog ].
count in you daily history totals, and are usually used when the canulla
inserted.  TO SET A PRIME, press SEL 6 times, press ACT.  Use <up
arrow> <down arrow> to set amount.  Press ACT.  From what I can
gather in the manual, PRIMEs *don't* increase the amount of insulin
inserted in you, as they are *ususally* used to get the pump working,
typically while it's *not* connected to you.

Hope this helps...

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted