[IP] Infusion sets and etc.

Hello all,
I have just filled out all the paperwork to begin the wheels turning to get a pump.  I have a couple of questions, not about the pump per se, but about infusion sets and accessories.  I'd like to poll the accumulated wisdom on the subject, specifically...
What do I want to use, softset, bent needle, straight needle, something I have not heard of yet?
If I use the softset thingy, should I get one of those inserters?

I guess the bigger questions are...
What should I get past what normally comes with a pump to make things more convenient?
What should be avoided?
I realize that my mileage may vary, but I have no mileage yet and am trying to get as much info up front as I can get.