Re: [IP] Diabetic Flight Attendants, <email @ redacted>

Thank you, Sara, for the kind welcome.  I'm SO glad I have found this group of
knowledgeable people who seem willing and able to answer pump questions,
especially since I start "pumping" tomorrow!   I am EXTREMELY excited at the
potential this device has to make my life and crazy schedule so much easier.
To answer your question about flight attendants with diabetes, while the FAA
prohibits pilots taking insulin from flying commercial aircraft, there is no
such restriction on flight attendants.   However that being said, other than
myself I have never know a person with diabetes to get hired as a flight
attendant with a major airline.   There are a very small number of flight
attendants taking insulin who are flying, but all the others I have known
developed diabetes after their employment.  I am still amazed, and very
grateful, that my airline hired me 10 years ago knowing about my diabetes.
And you had better believe I've always tried to be a model employee and NEVER
make my diabetes an issue in my job, hoping in some small way to open doors
for other diabetics who may be interested in airline careers.  Thanks again
for your greeting, and for letting rush the "club!"   Bob