[IP] RE: Bubbles and Reservoirs

From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Bubbles in tubing and other such annoyances
Jen wrote:
>Has anyone figured out how to get the freaking bubbles out of the
    Also you mentioned something about the insulin that is left in the
reservoir. . . . . . .
    I reuse my reservoirs many times, 4 or 5 most of the time and have no
problems with infections or anything like that. As far as the air bubbles go
I too get the air bubbles but have little problems thumping the reservoir
with my fingers or a pencil to remove all the bubbles before priming the
softset. One problem I have found is that if I use a fresh "cold" bottle of
insulin and indeed get all the air out, I find bubbles have appeared after
the insulin has warmed to room temperature in the pump. Let a fresh bottle
of insulin warm before changing a set to avoid a lot of the air bubble
problems. Once you have opened it don't return it to the refrigerator. It
will not spoil and this will help with the bubble problem.

Buddy Barber