Re: [IP] airports

I have had the detectors go off, but much less in the last 5 years.
Usually airports are fine in larger cities while the smaller ones with
older technology seem to go off.  The last place one went off was at the
Empire State Building in New York in May.  I showed the pump and they
didn't know what it was but weren't worried.

I was told by MiniMed to never let the electronic wands anywhere near the
pump, so if an alarm does go off, I quickly tell them not to bring the wand
near the pump.  They usually ask to see the pump and run the wand over the
rest of me.  If all else fails, and what I used to resort to in the
beginning, was showing the infusion site.  THAT ended the inspection pretty

type 1, 19 years
pump, 14 years

email @ redacted                             Vancouver, BC, Canada