Re: [IP] Congratulations Ellen

The sof sets are better for the metal problem (I have a little bit of that one
and in the early pumping years it was a nightmare.)  Watch out for the red
itchy sites.  The red itchiness makes them susceptible to infection.

If you tape the cannula down and press against it with your finger tips as you
pull out the needle it will stay in place easily.

I had the muscle problem too with the sof sets.  Some of the people around here
are probably faster than me but It took me a while to figure out that bunching
up the skin (as you do for a regular injection) causes several problems:  the
muscle problem or the cannula crimps or it slips out.  Try standing upright and
keeping the skin flat.  Use the sof serter (it really really helps get them in
cleanly).  Use your hands first to feel for muscle.  If you are straight
upright you will soon be able to tell places likely to work and places unlikely
to work.  Even after 17 years and however long the sof sets have been around, I
still don't always get it right, but it mostly works (that's how most of
pumping is -- it often works great and sometimes sort of once in a while not at

Best of luck!!  enjoy!