Re: [IP] vegan diabetix?

Hello Ellen,

In general, we Americans apply manifest destiny to everything, including
the consumption of protein. You do need some, though. I've tossed out most
of what I learned about food in the 60s and 70s, and am quite happy with my
inverted pyramid diet. I read an article recently in the NY Observer about
the resurrection of an all-protein diet that was a fad in the 70s, and is
picking up steam again, heart-disease be damned. So, yet another diet gets
talked about that involves eating A LOT of something. I guess we'll never

Congratulations on reaching a year of vegetarianism. When I first started,
I eased into it, quit, and started again. I haven't looked back in 17

email @ redacted on 12/04/98 11:26:55 AM

Please respond to email @ redacted