Re: [IP] Need advice please

Hi Judy C. --

> The next day in the afternoon the same thing happened but this time I bolused
> 1.5 units-her sugar rose again. Bolused again after checking the tubing and 1
> hour later she went down to the 200's. Bolused for high blood sugar and later
> she had a snack and bolused for that. I checked her before bed 243- bolus .3
> and checked her in 2 hours(1 a.m.) 441!!!!

Are you bolusing too *little*?  Less than 3 units sounds awfully small for a
bolus to me.  For instance, my basals are 0.6 u Humalog, between midnight
and 7AM, and 0.8 u H per hour between 7AM and midnight.  I bolus *at
least* 6 u H before meals.

You might want to check her basals and perhaps *increase* her boluses.

Hope this helps...

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted