Re: [IP] Congratulations Ellen

thanks for the kudos Lisa... they must have thought I was nuts in the lab
today... please bleed me!!! hehehe!!!happy that all is doing so well for
you!!! *S*

just got back from having a Hg1C for a baseline... my doc and I were
hugging and crying at the same time... she's been so supportive about
this... still doing the logistics thing now that the entourage is growing
fast for this event... seems that I'm one of the few in this entire town
that even knows what a pump is... this area has a very high rate of
diabetes in the population... think a lot of it might be enviormental...
another speech for another time... well... hey, got a question for the
group... might be a wierd one, but here goes...

I'm going on a minimed pump and I was told to mess around with the inert
pump and get used to it... I've been programming it, deprogramming it,
taking apart infusion sets... I'm one of those let me take it apart to see
how it works people... yes, is is back together fine... *S*

I tried on both infusion sets... the sillowette site grew red, itchy and
tender but then I have a metal allergy and even syringes do this to me
sometimes, especially now... I'm on 4 shots a day, poor woman's pump and 6
bg's daily soon to be 8... already doing the 3am tap dance with an el chepo
extra alarm clock... I have to use certain lancet sets because they don't
cause my fingers to swell and itch... the softset infusion set I put in
with the softserter and I know that I hit muscle with it... I was doubled
up in a ball trying to get enough skin and fat to bubble up, like I usually
do... yes, I have become a contortionist... I use 3/10 short syringes and a
45' angle or I end up shooting into muscle which causes it's own set of
problems... I have very little body fat left, am 5'4 and 108 now from all
the bg problems/insulin switches etc and that's why the pump... concerned
about twisting of the canula when I pull out the needle... anyone know any
good tricks???

At 02:21 PM 12/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Yes, I was VERY EXCITED my first day on the pump, and now (one month
later) I love it even more, because I am less scared of hurting my sites.