Re: [IP] Need advice please

I don't exactly know what it happening, but I have the same problem
about once a month average....I have attributed it to bad sites -  I
hate changing infusion sets so often (for money reasons), last week I
went through 1 a day for three days...I don't know what happens to
that insulin, but about 4 -6 hours after it seems to show up and I
will usually need some orange juice to correct "overbolusing" to bring
highs down.  One thing this group has taught me is when you go high,
it takes a longer time to bring down than in "normal" range.  I will
be interested in seeing other's responses.

>>> <email @ redacted> 12/04 3:14 PM >>>
Two days in a row Megan has experienced high blood sugars in the
300's for
several tests. The first day after I bolused 1.5 units and her blood
rose I injected and pulled out the infusion(which was working the day
but was only 1 day old(comforts). There was no kink in the infusion
which is
what usually is the problem. I hooked the infusion up to the pump and
insulin came out freely. Set new infusion(in stomach again)

The next day in the afternoon the same thing happened but this time I
1.5 units-her sugar rose again. Bolused again after checking the
tubing and 1
hour later she went down to the 200's. Bolused for high blood sugar
and later
she had a snack and bolused for that. I checked her before bed 243-
bolus .3
and checked her in 2 hours(1 a.m.) 441!!!!

Removed infusion-no kink! I don't get it. The insulin again was
flowing freely
out of the pump. WHere is the missing insulin? What  is going on
here. I also
looked at the spot where the infusion was to see if insulin came out
of the
hole but did not see any.

Thanks for any help. You guys are the best.

Judy C.

PS New insulin in the cartridge 4 days ago.