Re: [IP] What should I say?

I'd like to make a few comments here... first I have the most wonderful doc
in the universe!!! she's open to new ideas and treats me more like an
active participant then a patient... I wouldn't trade her for the world!!!
she doesn't have a lot of training in diabetes and I'm her only type 1, but
we work together on this disease... I'm the one that thought up the pump to
deal with all the horrible problems I've had and when I gave her medical
journal articles that I dug out... *I'm a doctoral student in sociology,
almost finished with my PhD, so I know how to use the indices* she read
them, we made calls, we discussed and debated and now here we are...

the day I was diagnosed, I took charge... got in trouble with the ICU
nurses, fought, yelled, took no for an answer... I believe that medical
care is a commodity to be purchased and I want the best value from my
dollar... I've fired doctors, refuse to defer to them as better then me,
worked out alternatives to treatment that I can afford... all kinds of
crazy things, but these stunts have paid off well in my care...

I have seen so many hits to the pump manufacturers in the past few days,
and I do agree that they both seem to have their off days, but that's all
part of dealing with buerocracies and growing companies...

my biggest problem is that I have no insurance due to falling in between
all the cracks that insurance companies can find, so I'm a cash customer
for everything... not easy when you're trying to finish a doctoral
program... diabetes care *minimal at best* eats up over 75% of my income
and I have had to use food banks, begged test strips from the lions club,
bartered and even set up a web site for a 24/7 bake sale on the internet to
help earn money so I can stay alive...

anyone interested in my website??? *hint hint???* no not marketing or
promoting here, just that these facts are my reality... a supportive
medical crew that works with me and ultimately, this is as we all know a
do-it-yourself disease... I'm reading this listserv and learning... thanks!!!!