Re: [IP] Pre-Existing Conditions

This is true.  It has changed a little by act of congress -- if you've
had continuous insurance and change employers, your new employers
insurance must operate to its full extent (unless your old policy
covered less in which case the pre-existing clause sometimes seems to
apply for the things the old policy didn't cover).  Generally, the
larger the employer the less likely the insurance co is to have a
pre-existing clause.  Sometimes they are hard to recognize and they
range from 1 month to 1 year.  I've seen less and less of the 1 year
ones so perhaps they are disappearing?   Employers with 500+ employees
are less likely to have exemptions in their policies (they get extra
benefits for the same price because they insure so many).