Re: [IP] vegan diabetix?

Thanks for the mail, Jen. I won't get on my soapbox except to say "take it
at your own pace." Being a vegan certainly helped me when I was diagnosed
Type I - in that I didn't have to alter my diet in any radical way. Living
in the city (DC) makes things easy - lots of good ethnic/otherwise
restaurants, as well as having  a Fresh Fields (natural food supermarket)
up the street. Unlike a non-dm vegan, I have to allow for the occasional
diet variation in order to get the carbs I need. I've been on this diet
since 1984, so I think I've pretty much proven those "got milk?" ads to be
a huge scam.