Re: [IP] Observation and continuing saga

Hi Natalie --

> As I wrote in my intro, I'm trying out a Minimed 506 preparatory to
> getting my own pump.
> One of the things I have noticed in many books and articles is that they
> almost invariably say that the pump is more work than injections.

I, like you, think a pump is LESS work than MDI...

BTW, why in the world are you on a Minimed 506?  My pump rep
fitted me with a Minimed 507C, and I went to lunch 4 hours later,
with my BGs *dropping*, not like a rock, but like a pillow falling.
Went from 250-300 range to 60-100 range almost immediately.
You'll *really* like the control your pump will give you.

My internist only knows about Minimed.  Had to give him a printed
copy of the Disetronics web page.  He'd never even *heard* of a
Disetronics pump.  8-(  But it's OK ... my Minimed works just fine.

You just might want to call up your pump rep to get "trained" in its

Have a *wonderful* rest-of-Wednesday.

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted