[IP] pump v MDI

Randall -

I couldn't have said it better.  Lauren, 12, tried the poor man's pump for
about 1 year and we never had control.  We found that the U did peak and
often caught us off guard with an unanticipated low.  Lauren took 4-6 shots
a day and it didn't work for us.

Dr. Bernstein claims that there is a 30% variation in the insulin actually
absorbed with MDI.  I guess the poor man's pump works for some, not for us,
and the accuracy of the pump is pretty amazing.  The main effect for us the
reduced amount of lows.

Diane Massey