Re: [IP] To be or not to be

Aaron,
I can only speak about Question # 1.
Given the 'odd' hours that I work, the 'poormans pump' never worked.  I was not able to maintain consistent Bg within my target range.  By eliminating long acting insulin (NPH), that has a life of it's own, and replacing it with Humalog in the pump I am able to maintain my Bg within target.

For me the 'flexibility of the pump' has meant lower A1c readings and the elimination of raging Highs and Lows.  It has also let me lead the life that I want.  So for me the flexibility question is the most important one.  With the pump I now have much better control, and its much easier to keep control.  Good luck in your hunt for the pump, take care.~Frank.