Re: [IP] Bubbles

Fran Baumgartner wrote:
> Question:  I am very frustrated with bubbles.  I prepare a cartridge,
> get all the bubbles out and then an hour, a day, whatever I see a bubble
> or two in my cartridge.  At first I would detach and bolus 20 units to
> get the bubbles out.  Now I just let them go.  I was just wondering if
> anyone had any suggestions or recommendations as to how to get rid of
> these bubbles and why the appear after I've put in a new cartridge?

Fran, I just read Sam's reply, all of which I agree with, but I also
do 1 other thing to avoid bubbles getting into my hose. I always hang
my pump (MiniMed 506) upside down on my belt. That is the hooked clip
is slid up under the belt and the small end hooked over the top,
rather than the way it was designed. Of course if you have a Disetronics
this may not mean muuch, in and of itself.

Anyway, the thing is that since bubble rise, and the Luer-Lok connector
on the hose is below the syringe the bubbles rise to the plunger instead
of entering the hose ASSISTED by gravity.

Ted Quick