Re: [IP] Re: Is anybody out there???

<< but I think some of the sugar cravings
 *come* from the higher sugars.  When I'm 200+, I feel like I would fight
 tooth and claw for sugar.  When I'm 120, I wouldn't want a brownie if
 someone tried to force feed me.  It's a kind of nutritional inertia that
 tries to keep the blood sugar stable, perhaps.  That and the idea that
 when there is excess sugar in the bloodstream, the cells sense the change
 in the blood and feel that they are 'starving' and demand pure sugar. >>

If you do not have enough insulin in your system to utilize the food you eat,
then your BG will be high and your cells are "starving" for food...thus the
craving for a source of food that will be easily converted to glucose to feed
the cells, but if not enough insulin to use that food, the cycle
continues..your body burns fat to make glucose, and you also break down
proteins (muscle) to make glucose. The solution is to provide enough insulin
to use the food you eat.

Barbara B.