Re: [IP] Bubbles

At 10:26 AM 12/1/1998  Fran Baumgartner wrote:
>Question:  I am very frustrated with bubbles.  I prepare a cartridge,
>get all the bubbles out and then an hour, a day, whatever I see a bubble
>or two in my cartridge.  At first I would detach and bolus 20 units to
>get the bubbles out.  Now I just let them go.  I was just wondering if
>anyone had any suggestions or recommendations as to how to get rid of
>these bubbles and why the appear after I've put in a new cartridge?

A couple of possible ideas. First, Make sure the insulin is at room
temperature when you load the cartridge. Cold insulin holds air and then
releases it when it warms, causing bubbles. Second, make sure that when you
prime the insulin bottle with air, that you don't push the air through the
insulin... that just adds more air to the solution. Hold the insulin bottle
right side up and push the air in from the top.

Others may have more suggestions... but these seem to help me.