Re: [IP] basal rate question

Basal rates are different for everyone.  Some diabetics have a dawn
phenomenon and need a larger basal in the morning.  Humalog has
different peak times with different people.  If you are very active
after a meal your Humalog will peak faster.  You can reduce the dramatic
lows after a meal by taking a smaller dose at meal time and testing two
hours after your meal.  If you are still high you can bolus a small
amount of insulin and check your sugars every hour to see if you are
falling into your range.

I have set my desired ranges from 95 to 150.  I use four different basal
rates and I also had some problems in the beginning.  It will take some
time but you will get there.

Good luck,

Ken Bernstein