[IP] Re: mental attitude ????

> Michael
>email @ redacted

    Before I start this let me say that my BG is 128.
    I waited three years to get in to see "a good endo" that puts a lot of
his patients on pumps. I thought "Here I go, finally getting to see a real
professional!" Let me tell you something. This jerk had less brain mass than
a pigeon! One of the first things he told me to do was to quit counting
carbs and take the same bolus NO MATTER WHAT I ATE! My dear old retired
surgeon (primary phy) has more intelligence in his little finger than this
45 year old endo that has several of his flock on pumps. Collectively here
we have access to more information, and quicker, than any doctor I have been
to in years. I will agree that there are things you should definitely talk
over with a doctor but if you are already pumping "salt water" (in my
personal opinion is a waste of time) go for the real thing! As I mentioned
before this is mostly a $$$$$$ situation anyway going to these high priced
witch doctors. I see it with most all of them. Notice in the Spring, when
their wives get the itch to go to "wherever" on a week-end jaunt.

Just my opinion after 39 years of observation!

Buddy '-)