Re: [IP] Problems with Humalog -- update

Michael wrote:

> Lily continues to have problems with highs related to Humalog site
> corruption.  A few months ago she stopped changing her set on a 3/4
> day schedule and switched to 3/3 because she would be high on the 4th
> day. Recently -- maybe the last month or two -- the 3rd day on the
> set has produced highs and by the next morning, bg's would be in the
> high 200's to low 300's.  Changing the set immediately fixes the
> problem.  The dilemma now becomes do we switch to a 2/2 day change
> schedule or experiment with something else.
>
> Some time ago, Buddy posted a solution to this problem where he mixes
> Humalog with a small amount of regular (Velosolin I presume), anyway,
> Lily is experimenting with this.  She changed her set yesterday and
> loaded the syringe with 250 units of Humalog and 50 units of
> Velosolin.  Bg's were pretty good yesterday and we'll let you know
> what happens :-)
>
> Michael
> email @ redacted
Doesn't changing the set that often run into a lot of money?  Would it
not be easier to go back to regular and have longer time with each set.
I haven't tried Humalog, I have been on Velosulin and Humulin BR before
that and haven't had any trouble.  I regularly get 4 to 5 days out of a
set without experiencing highs.  I have gone as long a 7 days but that
was by accident and I only changed then because the site started to get
sore.  Just a thought.  I like the results I get with velosulin.
Gena  34yrs old, pumping 10+yrs. IDDM 15yrs