[IP] suction in pump syringe

Hi Susan, recently you commented about some difficulty with the operation of
your pump and stated

"The first time I didn't put any air in the
syringe, thus, a suction and it wouldn't pump the insulin."

I don't understand why your pump wouldn't operate because of suction (no air).
If insulin was withdrawn from the bottle without first injecting air into it,
it would make withdrawl difficult and would crerate a vacuum in the bottle
(but not in the syringe after it was pulled out and exposed to the atmosphere
where pressure could equalize). If there was any pressure wouldn't it tend to
push insulin into you? Maybe I'm misreading this. Straighten me out if I'm
wrong.

Just trying to understand this problem you had...

See Yah.

Gary