Re: [IP] Suspend It

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997, A. Muse wrote:

> Does anyone else ever suspend their pump for an hour or so instead of
> eating -- to correct a moderately low BG?
>
> I often do.  But a doubt it is an ADA-approved method.
>
> A.M.
> email @ redacted

A better way would be to cut off your square-wave or any temp basal rate
and resume your normal basal. Correct the low with glucose so it is fixed
'immediately'.

The problem with the suspend method is that with humalog, there is still
at least 2 hours of insulin 'in' that must be used up. So.... suspending
will not have noticeable effect for at least an hour.  Double those times
if you use velosolin or regular.

Michael