Re: [IP] Insulin Pumps - my insurance has preferences!

Sherri

You might check again with your insurance carrier.  Apria is a home
health care provider.  Up until now they have carried diabetic supplies,
pumps included.  BUT, as of December 31, 1997 Apria will no longer carry
diabetic supplies.  They are going back to what they originally started
out to be, that is respiratory care only, no more.  Trust me on this, you
will be a lot better off without Apria.  My guess is the other health
supplier that your insurance company uses will have both of the pumps,
Disetronic and MiniMed.

Good luck in your quest.  Don't take no for an answer from your insurance
company.

Rose(aka Ravi's mom)