Re: [IP] Caffeine and BG

Terri,

I've been a devoted coffee hound for more years than I've been diabetic,
and I notice absolutely no change in my BG due to caffeinated beverages
(the milk I put in the beverage is another story). But I have heard that
if you're not used to drinking caffeinated drinks the caffeine may raise
your BG somewhat. It is a CNS stimulant, and stimulants invoke a hormonal
response (i. e. more adrenaline and some others). All hormones except
insulin raise BG, so this might explain a BG rise after drinking coffee or
tea.

Buzz
email @ redacted