[IP] Caffeine and BG

Ok, here is an odd one for you.  I had a coffee with 2 g carbs from creamer (
nondairy) and 25 g CHO from hot chocolate -- chocolate coffee, to treat a bg
of 63.  It was 1 and 1/2 hours til lunch.  Before lunch, my bg was 214.  So
what happened here.  The dietician at the doctor's office claims that caffeine
raises the bg.  I have noticed that my 2g CHO coffee in the afternoon usually
does coincide with a rise in bg ( this is NOT the chocolate coffee I used for
the low, though )  I figure my bg should have hit 150 max.  So....anyone have
any thoughts about this?

Thanks Terri