Re[2]: [IP] Unsure - what to do...

- --simple boundary

Going on a pump can take a while to work out the kinks, complicated by all the
intricate body chemistry, stress of trying something new, normal life stuff,
not to mention holiday food situations. Some people say it takes two months to
get used to the insulin/exercise/food and mechanics of the pump. Others say 6
months to really know what is going on. After 4 1/2 years I still find out new
and better ways to deal with weird life events and my BG with the pump. For
instance, my basal and bolus needs lessen in summer as I am more active.
Recently a close friend died and although I didn't eat much over the 3 days I
was with him before he passed, my BG stayed at 200.

My point is that without the pump the last 4 1/2 years would have been really a
pain to deal with in all of the different situations that came up. But with the
pump I was able to make minor changes in insulin and timing so that my BG and
quality of life has been so much better. It took time to deal with learning
about the pump and my own pecular body to figure out what worked for me. After
that everything is fine tuning.

Don't give up yet. If you are really stressed out, take a vacation from it for
a little while. But do try all the suggestions given here (if ok with your
doctor) to see what will work best for you. Good luck!

- --simple boundary