Re: [IP] Changing sets

>Buddy,
>When I used Velosulin, I used a more aggressive ratio, say 1unit of insulin
>to 10 gm of carb, at breakfast. After about 10 am, I used a different ratio
>of 1:12 for the rest of the day. That took care of the insulin resistance
>that is so common in the morning. The difference between the 2 ratios was
>usually by 2 gm of carb.

Gina,
    I understand exactly what you are saying. I have the "new book, Pumping
Insulin" and thought I would find the answer to my questions there but not
yet. I have tried to figure it out but not yet. I can take 8 units or maybe
8.5 and crash to 50 or so by noon. I have gotten to the point that I am
unaware of the falling BG, except that I don't mind the two hour tests, and
when I start getting below 80 or so I get to the point of not being able to
see. I have almost the same schedule every day so that don't change it one
way or the other. I keep my Velosulin in the fridge so it has not gone bad.
Confusing. . . . . . .
    Other than that I am perfectly happy. As a matter of fact if I had to
contend with that from now on it isn't something I can't deal with. I feel
so much better now there is no way I would EVER go back to MDI.

Hang on Sally '-)))))