Re: [IP] Changing sets

> ? Does velosun act like regular, do you have to bolus 30 minutes in
> >advance of a meal

Yes, Velosulin is like regular, only with the addition of buffers, so for
reasonable post prandial BG, you need to bolus at least 30 min ahead of
time.

Buddy wrote:
>     I have always had a problem with my two hour BG after breakfast. It
> nearly always rises above 200. I can start with say a 100 BG and eat my
> (same) breakfast and in two hours it will be maybe 225. Now, I can INJECT
> the same amount of Humalog as I sit down to eat and maintain a "normal"
BG.

Buddy,
When I used Velosulin, I used a more aggressive ratio, say 1unit of insulin
to 10 gm of carb, at breakfast. After about 10 am, I used a different ratio
of 1:12 for the rest of the day. That took care of the insulin resistance
that is so common in the morning. The difference between the 2 ratios was
usually by 2 gm of carb.

With Humalog, I can use the same ratio, throughout the day.

Gina