Re: [IP] Choosing

- --------------3BBF3730F4999478DC31A0A8

Peter,

Don't know how to respond. I've always had a Minimed.  So I won't but
something else in your message caught my attention.

Are you covered by 2 insurance co's?  Is there any restriction on using
both?  I have insurance suddenly thru both my and my husband's work.  I
was told though that you must use your primary coverage (I guess that's
mine or waive the other).  If you have both in place and if you use the
secondary insurance to cover something covered by the primary insurance
and they catch it, they are not responsible for paymeny. I was tempted
to cover a few things I have desparate difficulty getting by both so
that I'll have doubles and be safe but it sounds like they will penalize
you if they find out.  How does double coverage work?   I'm so
confused.  Do you know anything about this?  I'd love to know?

Ruth Elowitz

Peter Jennings wrote:

>  Hello Everyone, I am in a unique situation and would like to get
> people's feedback before I make a decision.  I am currently being
> covered by two insurance policies.  In July I received a pump from
> Mini-Med and have been waiting for my old insurance company (whom I
> pay a $250 monthly premium) to approve the pump and to reimburse me.
> I haven't started using it yet just in case they deny coverage. Last
> week, my new insurance gave me authorization to begin using pump
> therapy.  I am very excited to get going but here is where I am
> stuck. After reading people's postings r/t Mini-Med vs Disetronics,
> I've been feeling like maybe the Disetronics would be a better choice
> due to the waterproof and 3 min infusions.  I've been thinking about
> picking up a Disetronics with my new policy and then when my Mini-Med
> gets approved by my old carrier, I'll have the opportunity to use both
> and then decide which one I prefer. I'm hesitating a bit though
> because I'm not sure how to approach this subject with my MD.  I don't
> want to seem greedy and I realize that I won't use more than just one
> pump.  However, since I didn't have the opportunity to choose b/w the
> brands, I feel like I should have the right to do so.  (My MD only
> presented me with the Mini-med option) I also feel that if I stick
> with the mini-med and forget about pushing for reimbursement from my
> old insurance, I would have to purchase a Disetronics if I were to
> decide to switch. Any suggestions on how to discuss this with my MD? I
> look forward to hearing what you guys think. Pete

- --------------3BBF3730F4999478DC31A0A8

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#D8D0C8">
Peter,

<P>Don't know how to respond. I've always had a Minimed.&nbsp; So I won't
but something else in your message caught my attention.

<P>Are you covered by 2 insurance co's?&nbsp; Is there any restriction
on using both?&nbsp; I have insurance suddenly thru both my and my husband's
work.&nbsp; I was told though that you must use your primary coverage (I
guess that's mine or waive the other).&nbsp; If you have both in place
and if you use the secondary insurance to cover something covered by the
primary insurance and they catch it, they are not responsible for paymeny.
I was tempted to cover a few things I have desparate difficulty getting
by both so that I'll have doubles and be safe but it sounds like they will
penalize you if they find out.&nbsp; How does double coverage work?&nbsp;&nbsp;
I'm so confused.&nbsp; Do you know anything about this?&nbsp; I'd love
to know?

<P>Ruth Elowitz

<P>Peter Jennings wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Hello Everyone,</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>I
am in a unique situation and would like to get people's feedback before
I make a decision.&nbsp; I am currently being covered by two insurance
policies.&nbsp; In July I received a pump from Mini-Med and have been waiting
for my old insurance company (whom I pay a $250 monthly premium) to approve
the pump and to reimburse me.&nbsp; I haven't started using it yet just
in case they deny coverage.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Last
week, my new insurance gave me authorization to begin using pump therapy.&nbsp;
I am very excited to get going but here is where I am stuck.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>After
reading people's postings r/t Mini-Med vs Disetronics, I've been feeling
like maybe the Disetronics would be a better choice due to the waterproof
and 3 min infusions.&nbsp; I've been thinking about picking up a Disetronics
with my new policy and then when my Mini-Med gets approved by my old carrier,
I'll have the opportunity to use both and then decide which one I prefer.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>I'm
hesitating a bit though because I'm not sure how to approach this subject
with my MD.&nbsp; I don't want to seem greedy and I realize that I won't
use more than just one pump.&nbsp; However, since I didn't have the opportunity
to choose b/w the brands, I feel like I should have the right to do so.&nbsp;
(My MD only presented me with the Mini-med option)</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>I
also feel that if I stick with the mini-med and forget about pushing for
reimbursement from my old insurance, I would have to purchase a Disetronics
if I were to decide to switch.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>Any suggestions
on how to discuss this with my MD? I look forward to hearing what you guys
think.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>Pete</FONT>&nbsp;&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --------------3BBF3730F4999478DC31A0A8--