Re: [IP] Unsure - what to do...

>          I've been on since May 97 & have not had the desire to extremely
>Fine tune as well as it seems so many on this list have done. I don't want
>analyze each & every thing I do in terms of Blood sugars.  Diabetes is not
my
>career & I am doing well but still have ups & downs.  I hear people say
that
>they don't go low since being on the pump....I still do at times.  I
adjust.
>Maybe I don't have my boluses set right as I think my basel is most of the
>time right.   I do still feel like I have better control in spite of these
>things because if I am high or low I can adjust right then & there ( of
course
>if I wanted to take 6-7 shots each day I could probably do  almost the same
>thing)

>            Most pump users ( me included) would not give up the pump for
>anything short of a CURE.
>           Sorry to soap box but think about some of these things before
you
>quit something you may regret.  Maybe you are better not on the pump, but
give
>it some time before you decide.
>
>                                    Kathi   (dx age 9,  Pump at age 38)

Kathi,
    I was beginning to think I was the only person that still had some lows
that were on the pump. They don't bother me like they used to though. I also
miscalculate on the carbs at times and get above 200 but that too does not
make me feel as bad as it used to. I think the fact that it is all regular.
????
    I do feel GREAT though and would not give up my pump for nothing short
of a cure!

Buddy '-)