Re: [IP] What happened here....any ideas?

sally d tippin wrote:

> Thank you.  I needed to read this because it sounds like something that
> would happen only to me.  Sorry it happens to you, but glad I am not the
> only one.
> Sally
> On Thu, 04 Dec 1997 21:27:56 -0800 Ruth Elowitz <email @ redacted>
> writes:
> >Hey, I had this happen a few weeks ago too.  Same story --changed
> >tubing, etc..
> >coulnd't figure out the cause, finally finally lower in the AM
> >
> >Ruth
> >
> >email @ redacted wrote:
> >
> >> Crystal,
> >>
> >>     I hate to say this, but I have the same thing happen to me on
> >occasion &
> >> have NO idea WHY it happens.  It have not noticed a pattern or
> >reason either,
> >> which is frustrating. :-(   I just bolus, check later & bolus again
> >if it has
> >> not changed enough.  I am careful about the second (sometimes third)
> >bolus &
> >> try to keep an idea about the unused insulin rule but eventually I
> >do come
> >> back down if I am watchful of the sugars.  I will be curious to see
> >if there
> >> is a reason that anyone has found.  It happened just the other nite
> >> actually--(Tuesday) nite I was 329 at 9pm. -bolused 3.1 which should
> >have
> >> brought me to 110, & in an hour I was at 296.  I bolused again  just
> >.7 & was
> >> down to 60 in am.  (Probably too far down)& I should have checked in
> >middle
> >> of the nite & maybe eaten.  But it worked -I just don't know when it
> >kicked
> >> in!!  Wednesday my sugars seemed to respond & be ok without a set
> >change.
> >>       I have ruled out clamped lines, as the sugars do respond
> >eventually
> >> then things seem to work after that with the same tubing & set.   I
> >have also
> >> rules out bad insulin for the same reasons.    As there are so many
> >topics in
> >> this group going on I have trouble following all of them (but try
> >to),  I
> >> will follow this one especially.
> >>     I'd like to have a reason other than as you said  "wierd body"
> >I use
> >> that line a lot with my diabetes. ;-)   I think sometimes it is the
> >only
> >> explanation.  As strange as it sounds I'm glad I'm not the only one
> >with
> >> "wierd body sindrome!!"  I love this group & have learned so much
> >from it.
> >>

> >>  take care  to all        Kathi

I just started the pump also using humulog in it - I noticed something
when my sugars started going up towards the end of the second day - My
pump which I was wearing attached to special bet I purchased was warm
from being closed to my body and covered up - I would almost say it was
hot, I switched sets and don't use the belt anymore unless I wear it
over my clothing since then the pump doesn't feel warm or hot to the
touch...I am wondering now if my own body heat - hot flashed and all
along with my warm winter clothing caused the insulin in the pump to go
bad?? I know we have to protect the pump from freezing temps but maybe
it's placement so close to my bod caused the problem.