Re: [IP] Can anyone tell me whats going on

Carol:

It will initially take time to get all your rates properly adjusted. Are
you sure your basals are close to where they need to be? Are you going high
only at certain times, after certain meals, or with specific foods?

If your basal rates need adjusting, it is possible that the supplemental
bolus you are giving to adjust may not bring you all the way down to your
BG target level. Have you verified that the sliding scale you are using to
adjust for highs is suitable? This scale will certainly change somewhat as
you fine tune things initially.

How frequently are you changing your site? I have consistently better
results with Humalog when I change my site every two days. Trying to
stretch an infusion set to the third day for me often results in BG
"excursions" that don't quickly respond until I change the site. It was
frustrating until I figured that out.

Re: boluses at bedtime. Since I have a history of hypos while sleeping (42+
years), I am very careful about bedtime boluses. The pump provides a lot of
stability here, but I am still cautious about bedtime adjustments. I prefer
to err on the side of too little rather than too much.

Let us know what your doc and MM advise.

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted