Re: [IP] Tenders/Comforts/Silhouettes infusion sets

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Rmhb1126 wrote:

Hi, Renee (inquiring for Melissa)

I use Hypafix with the Tenders.

I also use a 31" line and have had the unpleasant experience of inserting
a new Tender, stepping back to admire my work :), and having the pump fall
off the kitchen counter...yanking out the Tender on the way down. (I saw
$$$$$!)

So I secure the Tender.  I cut 4 narrow strips of Hypafix.  I put one on
the edge of the set on each side.  Then I bring the line up and tape it
down (it serves as a safety loop here) running the hypafix strip along the
line.  Then the fourth strip goes horizontal across the line for good
measure and touches the other strips on a third edge.

This combination holds against strong pulls. I am probably overdoing it,
but I haven't lost one since I started this.

Maryle
email @ redacted