Re: [IP] Re: MiniMed vs. Disetronic

I'm using a Disetronic pump. I very seldom look at the pump (some days I
dont look at it at all). When I'm boulusing I'm just counting numbers of
beep.
Can you do that with a MiniMed or do you need to look at the display?

Erik

- ----------
> From: Celia McInnis <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted; email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: MiniMed vs. Disetronic
> Date: 7. desember 1997 07:18
>
> email @ redacted wrote:
>
> > How do you come to the conclusion that you've decided to get the
> > Minimed?  The only thing I've seen on here is that just about everyone
> > has one and that Minimed is indeed more popular.  I have decided to go
> > with the Disetronic.   As far as I know it doesn't have the square
> > wave bolus, and the light.. but the D is waterproof, you get two pumps
(
> > I was suprised at all the people who had to send their MM back)
> > it lets you mess with your basal rates easier..
> > Well I was just curious how you came to that conclusion and I've been
> > reading the posts and I guess I didn't see what you saw, other than
that
> > everyone seems to have one, and that's partly because doctors choose
for
> > you.
> >

> fgreen (Sorry I don't know your first name):
>
> I'm a bit surprised that you didn't see any information in the postings
which would
> help you decide which pump to choose. Certainly their were plusses and
minuses
> listed for both pumps. The following information (which was found in the
postings
> of this list) caused me to favour the MiniMed 507 over the Disetronic
H-Tron V100:

> 1. The MiniMed 507 auto-off feature answers my fear about overnight lows.
> Carolyn told me about this feature on 11/15/97  (Subject: Re: Pump
Fears). Two
> other pieces of correspondence in this mail list (11/17/97 Subject: Pump
Safety
> Alarms, ...", and 11/17/97) indicated that this feature allows one to
set  the
> pump so that it  rings an alarm a certain number of hours later and if
the alarm is
> not acknowledged,shuts the pump off.  Having experienced severe
over-night lows 10
> or so times in my life (so bad that I didn't wake up until 8:00 P.M. or
so ), I
> really want this feature. Who knows, I may never have this problem once I
get off
> of the long acting insulin, but at present I am fearful. The auto-off
feature
> actually makes the MiniMed pump safer than my current regime (which
includes a
> morning dose of UltraLente).
>
> 2.  The Square Wave Feature will be convenient since I eat a fair amount
of pasta
> (avid cyclist), and it usually keeps the blood sugars up for a
considerable amount
> of time.
>
> 3. The smaller size of the MM507 makes it more appealing to me as does
the clip
> behind it (Alon Levi's note of 11/30/97 Subject: MiniMed vs.
Disetronic...").

> 4. I will find the night light and the memory features useful (Jay
Watson's note on