Re: [IP] What happened here....any ideas?

There is information in the medical literature that addresses decreasing
insulin resistence when BG's are somewhere between 240 and 300, especially
when ketone production decreases.  Most (sadly, not all) medical and nursing
students are taught this concept when learning about diabeteic ketoacidosis
and its treatment.  Hopefully, no one here remembers their last DKA episode,
but that IV bag with 5% glucose is there to prevent your BG from falling too
low while the insulin puts glucose in storage into cells where it belongs.
Great topics of discussion here. I am looking practical info to teach nurses
so our patients with diabetes won't get out-dated care.