Re: [IP] Re: Complications

<<My Dr. started the proceedure and I kept blinking and he said
he would be unable to do the laser because I was moving my eyes.  The
bright light makes my reflexes go off and it is like I am going into an
epileptic seizure, my eyes automaticly close and it takes a second to
regain my composure.  This even happens when I am just getting the photos
done.   Any suggestions.  The Dr. says I will have to get a shot behind
the eye which increases complications and doesn't sound that comfortable
either.  >>

What in the world was your doctor thinking when trying to give you a laser
treatment without anesthetic????  Yes, the shot is an unpleasant experience,
but it only lasts for a moment.  I've had 7 laser treatments (and that was
years ago).  One time the anesthetic didn't want to take and he had to re
inject a second and third time.  Each time he would try to do the laser, but
the pain was incredible.  NO ONE COULD HOLD STILL DURING THAT!!!  I say, find
another doctor quick!!!  The only "complication" of a local anesthetic is if
you are allergic to it.  You suffer enough when the anesthetic wears off.  Is
this guy a bonafide Retinologist???

Please don't accept what a doctor says as "God's law".

Been there, done that.

Marti