RE: [IP] Dental surgery on the pump

Sissy and others,

Thanks for the advice.  I am only having 1 tooth out.  The 2 bottom ones
aren't there for some reason.  The other top one has not broken through,
so the dentist didn't say that it should come out.  If we are only
talking 1 tooth, would you still recommend the general anesthesia?  It
sounds like most people are recommending going to the oral surgeon, so I
will pursue that.  I don't feel confident that my basal rates are
accurate enough to trust that my sugars won't drop if I don't eat, so I
think I will take the suggestion to let my sugars stay around 200 for
the day.  And of course I will test frequently.  It won't be done in a
hospital, so I don't have to worry alot about nurses who want to take
over my controlling my insulin.  I am sure that I can handle it myself.
My husband will be there as well and he knows how to test my blood
sugar.  We went through that when I was in labor with my twins.  I am
planning on not doing the extraction until January, so I will let you
know how it goes then.  Hopefully the tooth can make it until then.

- - Jodi