Re: [IP] What happened here....any ideas?

Crystal,

    I hate to say this, but I have the same thing happen to me on occasion &
have NO idea WHY it happens.  It have not noticed a pattern or reason either,
which is frustrating. :-(   I just bolus, check later & bolus again if it has
not changed enough.  I am careful about the second (sometimes third) bolus &
try to keep an idea about the unused insulin rule but eventually I do come
back down if I am watchful of the sugars.  I will be curious to see if there
is a reason that anyone has found.  It happened just the other nite
actually--(Tuesday) nite I was 329 at 9pm. -bolused 3.1 which should have
brought me to 110, & in an hour I was at 296.  I bolused again  just .7 & was
down to 60 in am.  (Probably too far down)& I should have checked in middle
of the nite & maybe eaten.  But it worked -I just don't know when it kicked
in!!  Wednesday my sugars seemed to respond & be ok without a set change.
      I have ruled out clamped lines, as the sugars do respond eventually
then things seem to work after that with the same tubing & set.   I have also
rules out bad insulin for the same reasons.    As there are so many topics in
this group going on I have trouble following all of them (but try to),  I
will follow this one especially.
    I'd like to have a reason other than as you said  "wierd body"  I use
that line a lot with my diabetes. ;-)   I think sometimes it is the only
explanation.  As strange as it sounds I'm glad I'm not the only one with
"wierd body sindrome!!"  I love this group & have learned so much from it.

 take care  to all        Kathi