Re: [IP] RE: Meters again/sliding scale

On  3 Dec 97 at 22:48, James C. Pryor wrote:

> Has anyone been sought out by the AccuChek people asking if you want a
> "free" Advantage meter?  I was about a month ago and they sent the thing
> wiht 50 strips. I love my Lifescan as well, even had to replce the thing a
> couple of times (easy to lose).

They called me about the same time and the meter arrived a couple of
weeks later.  It's just another way of getting you to try their meter
and hopefully switch.  The cost to make a meter is almost nothing
compared to the continous cash flow they get from regular strip
users.  My CDE has a whole stack of meters  from various companies
just sitting in her office to give to new patients - all the
companies want long-term customers.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.