From: email @ redacted
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 17:13:40 -0500 (EST)
To: email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,
        email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,
        email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,
        email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,
        email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted
Subject: This is scary

This was forwarded to me from a friend ....this is a scary but true story
....I've heard about this before.  You may want to forward this warning on to
your friends

Lou

from: anonymous

     A friend of mine from UT passed this story onto me
from the Daily Texan - the University of Texas newspaper. Apparently
it occurred during Fall Premier -- a UT tradition that is a celebration
of the end of midterms. - Jeff
     This guy went out last Saturday night to a party.  He was having a
good time, had a couple of beers and some girl seemed to like him and
invited him to go to another party.  He quickly agreed and decided to
go along with her.  She took him to a party in some apartment and they
continued to drink, and even got involved with some other drugs
(unknown which).  The next thing he knew, he woke up completely naked
in a bathtub filled with ice.  He was still feeling the effects of
the drugs, but looked around to see he was alone.  He looked down at
his chest, which had CALL 911 OR YOU WILL DIE written on it in
lipstick. He saw a phone was on a stand next to the tub, so he picked it
up and dialed.  He explained to the EMS operator what the situation was
and that he didn't know where he was, what he took, or why he was
really calling.
     She advised him to get out of the tub.  He did, and she
asked him to look himself over in the mirror. He did, and appeared
normal,
so she told him to check his back.  He did, only to find two 9-inch
slits on his lower back. She told him to get back in the tub
immediately,
and they sent a rescue team over.  Apparently, after being examined,
he found out more of what had happened.  His kidneys were stolen.
They are worth 10,000 dollars each on the black market.  (I was unaware
this even existed.)

     Several guesses are in order:  The second party was a sham, the
people involved had to be at least medical students, and it was not just
recreational drugs he was given.  Regardless, he is currently in the
hospital on life support, awaiting a spare kidney. The University of
Texas in conjunction with Baylor University Medical Center is conducting
tissue research to match the sophomore student with a donor.
     This was on 20/20 several weeks ago...My wife the nurse has
confirmed
that this is indeed going on.  Please be careful, and bounce this
message to anyone and
everyone you can think of.
     These messages have been edited only in that all the forwarding
marks
and source address have been removed (there were a
lot of them).
     I wish to warn you about a new crime ring that is targeting
business
travelers. This ring is well organized, well funded, has very skilled
personnel, and is currently in most major cities and recently very
active in New Orleans.  The crime begins when a business traveler goes
to a lounge for a drink at the end of the work day.  A person in the
bar walks up as they sit alone and offers to buy them a drink.  The last
thing
the traveler remembers until they wake up in a hotel room bath tub,
their
body submerged to their neck in ice, is sipping that drink. There is a
note taped to the wall instructing them not to move and to call 911.  A
phone is on a small table next to the bathtub for them to call.  The
business traveler calls 911, who have become quite familiar with this
crime.  The business traveler is instructed by the 911 operator to very
slowly and carefully reach behind them and feel if there is a tube
protruding from their lower back.  The business traveler finds the tube
and answers yes.  The 911 operator tells them to remain still, having
already sent paramedics to help.  The operator knows that both of the
business traveler's kidneys have been harvested.
     This is not a scam or out of a science fiction novel, it is real.
It
is documented and confirmable.  If you travel or someone close to you
travels, please be careful.
From: Patty Radford
     Yes, this does happen. My sister-in-law works with a lady that this
happened to her son's neighbor who lives in Houston.  The only good
thing
to his whole story is the fact that the people doing this horrible crime
are very aware of what complications can happen afterwards, and take
detailed precautions to set up the room before leaving.  The word from
my
sister-in-law is that the hospital in Las Vegas (yes, Vegas) prior to
transferring him back to Houston stated that these people know exactly
what they are doing.  The incision, etc. was exact and clean.
     They use sterile equipment, etc. and the hospital stated that
other than the fact that the victim loses a kidney there have not been
any
reports of other complications due to non-sterile, etc. tactics that
were
used.
From: Kathy White
     Sadly, this is very true.  My husband is a Houston Firefighter/EMT
and they have received alerts regarding this crime ring.  It is to be
taken very seriously.  The daughter of a friend of a fellow firefighter
had this happen to her.  Skilled doctors are performing these crimes
(which, by the way have been highly noted in the Las Vegas area).
Additionally, the military has received alerts regarding this.
     This story blew me away.  I really want as many people to see this
as
possible so please bounce this to whoever you can.
Please think when you drink.
     PLEASE DON'T TAKE DRINKS FROM STRANGERS!!!!

- --------------8EDE1E1C2EF248734884F8CC--