Re: [IP] Kaiser paying for the pump

DD,

I struggled with Kaiser of Northern CA for a couple of years for a pump
and eventually switched to another HMO that would provide me with one.

My understanding is that policies on things like pumps are specific to the
regional Kaiser; in other words, while Kaiser of Northern CA might say no
to pumps, Kaiser of Southern CA (or Kaiser of fill-in-the-blank) might say
yes.

Kaiser has not been doing well in the mad scramble among HMOs in this
country and has cut back a lot over the past couple of years. Someone I
know who has a pump and got it about four years ago from Kaiser of
Northern CA told me that his MD told him that was his last pump to be paid
by Kaiser. :-{(

Buzz
email @ redacted