Re: [IP] RE: Meters again/sliding scale

Lynette,

	I have used J&J meters since I was first diagnosed and can
enthusiastically recommend them.  They are dependable, simple and carry
substantial support from J&J when you have any problem.  I have owned two
One Touch meters and purchased a Profile when they first came out.  They
produce a companion software program called "In Touch" which enables you to
download more than just BG readings into a database that records and graphs
useful information (not, unfortunately geared to pump users).  J&J has
provided free support, serial cables, testing componants and advice
throughout my experience.  A piece of advice:  Like most BG meter mfgs.
they want to "hook" you into buying their (expensive) test strips.  I don't
know about purchasing in New Zealand, but with the right coupon, you can
damn near get a new Profile for little or no cost in the US.  Check with
your hospital, health-care provider or connect with J&J to check out their
latest offers.  GOOD LUCK