[IP] Dental surgery on the pump

Hi all!

I went to see the dentist yesterday and he informed me that one of my
wisdom teeth needs to be removed.  He gave me 2 options: I could have
him do it under a local anesthetic or I could go to an oral surgeon and
have a general anesthetic.  I haven't talked to the oral surgeon yet to
know how he handles diabetics.  Can anyone give me their experiences
with either of these 2 routes?  How do you manage the pump, insulin and
blood sugars when you are out?  I also assume that I won't be eating
much that day and when I do, it will be of the runny type.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Jodi