Re: [IP] Re: Complications

Harriet,

> How long have you been on the pump?  Your story gives me hope!

Five and one-half years. The changes in neuropathy happened rather
quickly - I noticed significant differences within six months. Above
all, I simply *feel* so much better! I don't know why, but I am one
of the lucky ones with the pump. My basal rates were set within 10
days (in the hospital), and they have changed only minimally since
then. I have had almost no problems with pumping. Those two site
infections I had at the beginning are the only things I consider
problems. I've never even had a clog. <knock on wood> If/when I get
a new pancreas (and if it works!), I might even miss my little
pump. :-)

Joan.always happy to give hope
email @ redacted