[IP] RE: Meters again/sliding scale

Hi everyone

Have been lurking in the background over the past couple of weeks.  I am
just enquiring into a glucose meter, which you may have already passed
comments on.  I sent an email to Johnsons and Johnsons in the States (I
am in New Zealand) and I received back today a pamphlet on the One Touch
Profile testing meters.  They looked really impressive, does anybody use
this one?  My husband who is IDD has been using the Advantage which has
a memory and seems to be working fine, but I was interested to know
would we be able to get this meter through J & J  and how would we
purchase the testing strips.  Any ideas?  The pamphle did not mention
the cost, could someone fill me in on this?

One other question please, if you don't count carbs. I have heard people
mention the sliding scale, what is this please?

Thanks for your help
Lynette Parker
(Wife of a IDD 20years, been on the trial pump on M/Med for 5 weeks now)