[IP] Pumping and doctors

I had a doctor visit today and all was well.  While talking, he
indicated that doctor's are shying away from pumps.  The reason for this
was the difficulty in getting trained back-ups for when the doctor trys
to be like a human.  It sounded quite strange to me, but I interpret it
that, in this area at least, the number of doctors prescribing pumps is
below critical mass.  Has anyone else heard of this tendency with
doctors?
Jay